Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jom Makan ~ So Called Malaysian Restaurant in London

A newly opened Malaysian restaurant in London.
Went to try it on my way to the Cesar Pelli lecture last Friday. 

Well... they stressed that it's Malaysian food, BUT... I don't feel the Malaysian taste, sorry to say that.  
I ordered the Assam Laksa which they claimed to be a good one, true that the fish paste is pretty thick, but it lacks the special aroma for Laksa.  The kind of pineapple they added taste wierd with the whole thing. Before that, I requested to make it more spicy, and the waitress said that I need to order extra sambal or chili which i remembered the extra chili cost £0.75... Insane! Anyway, when the food came, they did give me extra chili with no cost. 

Em... about going back there... perhaps when I really miss Malaysian food, and maybe give some other food some chances. I would say they do put a lot of ingredients in the food, but just lack the true Malaysian flavour... haha... 

Here's their official website: http://jommakan.co.uk/

and a TV3 coverage. (be patient, not the 1st news about murder, wait for the next)

No comments: